MWSA is excited to announce that registration for the 2021 Season will open on March 15th
This year, the Millwoods Soccer Association (MWSA) is preparing for a number of different scenarios and will continue to work together with the Edmonton Minor Soccer Association and Alberta Soccer to determine exactly what the season will look like.
Registration for the 2021 Regular Soccer season will be a bit different year. Due to the uncertainties at this time, MWSA has decided to open initial registration, however, full fees will not need to be paid at the time of registration. Players should register soon so MWSA can get an understanding of the interest and numbers for the 2021 Season. Once they are certain the season will be able to proceed, more details will be provided and full fees will be due at that time.
3 possible scenarios for the 2021 season:
SCENARIO #1 – Return to Train
- Similar to the 2020 season but run by coaches
- 6 weeks – 8 sessions
SCENARIO #2 – Return to Play (modified)
- Similar to the indoor season format
- Cohort limit of 50 (subject to change)
- 6 weeks for U4 to U11
- U7 to U11 12 sessions
- U13 to U19 scheduled by EMSA Main
- No tournaments or post season play
SCENARIO #3 – Return to Soccer
- Similar to the 2019 season
- Potential tournaments and post-season play U11 & up
MWSA is continuing to follow the direction of Edmonton Minor Soccer and Alberta Soccer under the guidance of Alberta Health Services. This means although this is their initial plan, it is subject to change.
The goal moving forward is to ensure our players will not lose the prospect for development and will have the opportunity to get outside and continue to play the game that they love, though perhaps a little differently.
They will also need to lean on their membership in a volunteer capacity to help with coaching, managing, and covering off on safety-related duties that will be required. Leading by example for the kids and following all related safety protocols will be everyone’s responsibility.
2021 Outdoor Format – Scenario #2
- Additional Skill Development programs will be available if allowed during Scenario #2
- Summer camps will be available from July to the end of August.
- Possible Summer Fun League will be offered depending on restrictions.
For more information, visit https://emsamillwoods.com