We are excited to announce the launch of the Knottwood Bench Project.
In efforts to make our neighbourhood more walkable, we have purchased ten community benches that will be placed in various locations around Knottwood. We are looking for sponsors who will adopt a bench, paint it (however you’d like) and place in front of their homes for people to use.
By getting involved and placing these benches around Knottwood you will help to:
- make Knottwood a more friendly place where people can sit, enjoy the views, meet new people or take a break
- promote a sense of pride in our community by adding unique benches for all to enjoy
- make Knottwood more walkable, encourage community building and help reduce social isolation and loneliness
- encourage your neighbours to get outside and be more active
- positively contribute to the safety of Knottwood as people who invest in their community watch out for one another
Our hope is to engage as many people as possible in our project and share ideas about other ways we can evolve and improve our wonderful neighbourhood through continued community revitalizations.
Similar successful programs
For those of you who may be interested, Holyrood community has put 20 benches in their community. It is worth a drive to see how great they look.
Read more the Holyrood Bench program:
Benches with benefits: Bench programs help build community spirit, foster new friendships
Or to apply to be a bench sponsor, email email@example.com.