Ekota Rink NOW OPEN for the 2023 Season
The rink is open for the 2023 Skating season!
The Knottwood Community League runs the Ekota Rink located at 1415 Knottwood Rd. East during the winter months.
All users of the rink must follow the regular rink rules & current public health guidelines.
2022-23 Rink Hours:
Monday – Friday: 4 pm to 9 pm
Saturday: 9 am to 9 pm
Sunday: 11 am to 7 pm
Free Skate hours on large rink (*no hockey): Tuesday & Thursdays – 6 to 8 p.m.; Sundays – 2 to 4 p.m.
*If no skaters are present, hockey may be permitted until such time that skaters arrive (at the discretion of the rink attendant).
Skate Tags/EFCL Membership Required or Pay Per Use.
FREE with Knottwood Community League Membership. Get your membership here.
One-time skate: $2 or purchase a skate tag: $5
- Use ice at your own risk.
- No skating when temperatures are above -2 degrees Celsius or below -20 (includes windchill).
- Helmets are required for anyone under the age of 18. They are also recommended for adults.
- Skaters under the age of 8 must be actively supervised by a responsible person aged 13 or older
- DO NOT enter the ice rink area if you are ill or experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19.
- No Alchohol
- Skating in a manner that endangers or interferes with other skaters’ safety or pleasure is strictly forbidden. Individuals displaying unsafe or inappropriate behaviour on or off the ice will be asked to leave.
- No fighting, pushing, checking, foul language, smoking, spitting or high sticking.
- The Knottwood Community League/rink attendant reserves the right to revoke privileges from any person who does not follow rules, shows unacceptable conduct, or for any other just cause.
- The Knottwood Community League assumes no responsibility for the actions of individual and/or group users.